Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Potato Wraps

Options
ledmond
ledmond Posts: 88
edited November -1 in Vegetables

Ingredients

Baking Potatos, onions, various peppers, jalapenos, taco or picante' sauce, cheese, Burritto size tortillas, sour cream, salt, pepper, mushrooms, etc.

Instructions

You are basically making Fajitas but substituting the meat with a quartered potato.

Use oblong shaped baking potatoes, quartere lengthwise, coat with oil and spice to your liking.  (We like 2:1 black pepper/salt, fully coated). Smoke on the egg for 1-1.5 hours or so @ 250 dome temperature, you can check with toothpiks.

Throw your favorite Fajita veggies in a steam basket or something similar and throw on top of the potatoes if your smoker grate is full, for the last 20-30 minutes of the potato cook.

Take it all inside make a Potato wrap using all your potato, veggies, and add the sauces you like, just like you would a Fajita, cheese, sauce, veggies, spice, sour cream, etc.

Pin it with a toothpick, colored ones to mark who's wrap is who's, and take it back to the smoker for about 5-10 per side to crispen the tortilla to your liking, and melts the cheese.

They are better than any Fajita I have ever had.  I am not a vegetarian and I love meat, but these were wonderful.

We also experimented by fridging a couple and reheating in microwave and they reheated nicely.  Next we will see if they are freezeable but I have my doubts about successfully freezing a potato.

My directions are not too specific because everyone makes a "Fajita" different, but the idea is the same.  Next time we are going to add asparagus.

Notes

Number of Servings: your choice

Time to Prepare: Smoke time 1.5 hrs.