Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Perfect Pizza Dough

Options
BobS  via Ken Hess
edited November -1 in Baking

Ingredients

4 cups regular flour
1 packet instant yeast
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 ½ C warm water
1 Tbsp EVOO

Instructions

Mix dry ingredients and then add water in stand mixer to make a dough -- kneading until the dough is smooth and elastic.

Put dough in a large bowl, coated with oil (I use more EVOO) and let rise to double, cut in half and let rise again. Press out into pizza base.

Notes

I like to cook pizzas at 450 – 500 for about 12 minutes. You need to check after about 6 minutes to see if the pie needs to be rotated on the stone, because you can have hot sections. I use a plate setter, with legs down and put the pizza stone on top. I like to use parchment to roll out the dough -- it is not as messy as using something like semolina and when I cut the round sheets of parchment, to the correct size, it gives me a nice target when rolling out the dough. The brown sugar helps the crust brown on the pizza stone.

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: