• 2 lb Center cut salmon fillet, skin on
• 2 Tbs Finely minced chives
• 2 Tbs Finely minced tarragon
• 2 Tbs Minced shallots
• 1 Tbs Freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 2 Tbs Sour cream
• 1 Pinch Salt
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
InstructionsIn a bowl, combine all of the ingredients to form a thick paste. Using a brush, cover the surface of the salmon liberally with the paste. Cover loosely and refrigerate until ready to smoke, up to 4 hours in advance of egging.Heat the Egg to 300 degrees.
Add handful of alder chips (which are soaked in water for 20-30 minutes).
Put the fillet straight on the grid or on a fish rack. (We use a metal pizza pan with holes in it).
Smoke for 30 minutes,until salmon is flaky.NotesNumber of Servings: Time to Prepare: