Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Pork Tender Loin

Options
Tim M
Tim M Posts: 4
edited November -1 in Pork

Ingredients

• 1-12 Pork Loin(s) - approx 1.5" diameter

Instructions

My pork loins come 2 per sealed pack. Just open them up and place on hot grill.

The BGE will hold a dozen of these pork loins, so do as many as you want this way.

Fire the egg up to 400 deg. Once stable in that range (temps can vary a little), you can put the loins on. I used no rubs or sauce at all to start, but added a little sauce near the end. Since I have only a daisy wheel top, temps above 400 deg are hard to hold steady. I tried to keep it about 400 deg. I used a Polder clone thermometer and aimed for 160 deg. Roll the loins every 10 min to get a nice even crusty char (char to taste - I like a little). I added a handfull of apple chips and then sealed the top for 5 min to let it smoke up real good. Then open the top and go for 160 deg on the Polder.
Once you reach 160 deg (approx 15-20 min) take it out and let it set for 10 min to finish cooking up to 170 Deg. Slice and add BBQ sauce if you prefer.
You can also add a sauce when the meat temp is about 140-150 deg.
Cooking to just below the ideal temp is the key.

BTW, the leftovers can be chopped up real fine, add some BBQ sauce and heat and serve as a minced BBQ pork sandwich. Best you'll find too.

Notes

Number of Servings:

Time to Prepare: