Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Gasket

Options
Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was a few weeks back, not sure who remembers, but Kamado Joe had a deal for free gaskets. Mine came in today! Looks good, but I probably won't get around to putting it on for awhile since my egg seems to be holding temps fine even with the fried gasket. But at least I got a back up for free whenever I feel like putting it on. :)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• RaleighGuy
    RaleighGuy Posts: 207
    Options
    Still waiting on mine. My egg seems to be fine without one, but I burnt my gasket off the first night I fired up my egg. Maybe I just think it is fine.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

I was wondering when those would ship. The KJ's have a thicker ceramic than egg does. 1" compared to 3/4", as I recall the "freeb's" were being made for the large eggs.

Thanks for letting us know. 
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    Mine arrived via FedEx yesterday. They sent me three packages to cover all four of my eggs! All packs are labeled for large Big Green Eggs.

They kinda look like felt gaskets, but there appears to be some kind of "fiberglass-looking" fibers mixed in.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    Options
    Mine came today also. Looks like a quality, well made gasket.

Thank you Kamado Joe for providing this for us. It will not be forgotten.
  • IQthere4iam
    IQthere4iam Posts: 106
    Options
    Sorry i missed free gasket, just happened to notice the front of my egg gasket is starting to fail. The front gasket has shrivled up to half of orig size back still okay.
  • IQthere4iam
    IQthere4iam Posts: 106
    Options
    Sorry i missed free gasket, just happened to notice the front of my egg gasket is starting to fail. The front gasket has shrivled up to half of orig size back still okay.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Here's some pics, if anybody is interested. Sorry about the quality of the pics. Snapped them with my phone and not the real camera. The last one shows you how wide it is.

IMAG0216.jpg

IMAG0217.jpg

IMAG0218.jpg

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings