Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with that beer you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Miners Mix Marinaded Salmon

Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,687
edited 3:06PM in EggHead Forum
Tonight when I got home Jackie told me she bought some Salmon and would I cook it on the Egg! She also had a packet of Miners Mix Salmon Marinade that we got in our gift box at Eggs Buy The Bay Eggfest so we tried it and it was really good
39d6956c.jpg
I soaked two Wild Apple planks that my Dear Friend Big Brother Smoke (Steph) gave me for 45-min.
265951bb.jpg

b4ef28e5.jpg

cb8c09bb.jpg
On the grill @450*
6cb7fc6d.jpg

c5904757.jpg
Pulled @ 20-min. internal temp.130*
f9dde5a8.jpg

8a5bb706.jpg
Served with stemmed Cauliflower with a sharp cheddar cheese sauce and green and yellow squash that Jackie wiped up. We really liked the Salmon and well do it again with the Miners Mix Marinade

http://www.minersmix.com/

Thanks for looking

Ross
·

Comments

• Nice Salmon! I need to get out one of the cedar or maple planks I have and get me some Sockeye while it is in season. I have not cedar planked in quite a while and forgot how good it is. Also good for you, high in Omega 3's.
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
    ·
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,361
    Salmon looks great Ross, we've grown fond of the Miner's Mix products as well. Their Cheesy Bread mix has lots of possibilities.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

·
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,687
    Thanks Smitty, I'll give it a try

Ross
    ·
  • Lookin' great Ross. what is with the Miner's mix? What is in it and what can you taste?

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"

·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Nicely done Ross and Jackie. I could eat that all gone. :P
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,926
    Looks like a very tasty meal. Great job.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Nice, how did u like the flavor of the planks?
    ·
    The ingredients in the box are Basil, Garlic, Lemon Juice Powder, and Black Pepper to that you add 1/4 C soy sauce, 1/4 C vinegar and 1/2 C olive oil marinate for 10-15 min before grilling. Turned out wonderful

Ross
    ·
    Thanks Jason

Ross
    ·
    Thanks Tim

Ross
    ·
    It was not strong like cedar

Ross
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,789
    Ross, that really looks good.
    Never seen the Miners Mix here on the Gulf Coast but it sure gave you a nice crust. Yummm.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·