Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket rub/ Maverick ET-732

Options
grok
grok Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I did a search and didn't come up with any hits for this gadget, so I figured I had to make a post. Apparently the leads on the probes can handle 700ish degrees F, and they've added an on/off button. Twice the price of the ET-73 but hopefully without the need to replace the probes as often, it will be a good buy.

I just ordered it from Amazon and should get here tomorrow midway through cooking a 5lb brisket! can't wait, will be my first one :)

Comments

• transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Options
    Grok, I've enjoyed mine for 7 months. I really rely on it on lo & slos. Hope you're happy with it.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

The 73 is an older model. There are a lot of very useful improvements on the 732.

The probes are rated at 700° but the unit won't read that high nor would I recommend even using that type of a thermometer on high temperature cooks.

GG
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    Options
    I got mine a while back it is awesome. It is great for over night cooks. All you have to do is look over in the middle of the night and know what temp the meat and egg are. Great toy. I mean tool.
  • grok
    grok Posts: 32
    Options
    I just saw the post about the Stoker w/built in webserver. Looks like there will be another "tool" in my future ;) I was actually thinking about building my own as I have access to a lot of microcontroller devtools, but heck it's already done, why bother!
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I have had mine for 6 months and it works as advertized...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Grok, mine just arrived about 45 minutes ago, w00t!! :woohoo:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...