Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Which Food Saver and why?

Options
Brokersmoker
Brokersmoker Posts: 646
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been wanting a food saver (got a off brand for Christmas that did not work well). Which model or models should I be looking at and what features are the make or break on them?

Thanks

Comments

• reader40
    reader40 Posts: 69
    Options
    i can't remember the model of foodsaver that i currently have but i really like it. i bought one from kohl's with one of those 30% off coupons. it was black with a silver rail to apply the that seal with. it has a couple different settings like gentle or regular or something. i would definitely recommend.

i really like it, much more than the old rival model that i had in the past.
  • TheHandleGuy
    Options
    I bought a V3880 at Costco when it was bundled with a Marinator. I can't compare it to other models. Here are some pics with my comments:

I wanted one that took up a fairly small footprint, so I went with the vertical version.
    Doorclosed.jpg

Here with the front down.
    Dooropen.jpg

This is the marinator hose that will stick into a bag or one of the accesories for marinading. I love it. I have used it for wings and tri-tips and it is simply awesome.
    Marinade.jpg

Here is the marinating tub that comes in a package or as an accessory. You can squeeze a tri-tip into it. I am quite happy with the purchase.

Oh, it also seals bags really well. My freezer is full of stuff.

marinader.jpg

Hope this helps.

Large BGE, Santa Maria Pit, Hasty-Bake Gourmet, MAK One Star Pellet Pooper,  26" Weber, 22" Weber Performer.  Most have custom handles made by me.

http://www.amlwoodart.com

"Just living from one cook to the next"