Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A couple of weekend cooks...

NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
edited 10:25AM in EggHead Forum
Hope everyone is having a great weekend and trying to stay cool.

I smoked a pair of butts yesterday. Used a homemade basic rub and used a different injection on each. Hickory/apple wood combo.

DSC_0255resized.jpg

DSC_0267resized-1.jpg

Slow roasted a beef eye of round. Usually I do them at a higher temp but tried it at 250f because I wanted a more even degree of doneness. I liked it better, seemed to be more tender.

DSC_0262resized-2.jpg

Made creole roast beef wraps, delicious! The au jus was spicy from the seasoning dripping into it.

DSC_0270resized-1.jpg

Working on a honey wing recipe for a third party so it was fun experimenting. In fact, about to go test some more.

DSC_0273resized-1.jpg

Everyone have a great week!
·

Comments

• Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 6,522
    Thats a lot of cooking for a weekend Chris looks great

Ross
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,141
    I've been playing with a honey wing sauce myself. I use 4oz of crystal hot sauce with 3/4 cup of honey and a heaping 1/8 tsp of ginger. Let it simmer low on the stove for about 20 minutes. So far everyone who tried it loves it.
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
    Ha, yeah it is, Ross, but it will last for the week and we freeze pulled pork as well.

My 11 y/o started football practice last week, 4 times a week for 2 hours. Between him and my 22 y/o son, food disappears fast around here! :laugh:
    ·
    That sounds good Joe! I was going to use fresh ginger in the one I made but I was out.

Do you use a dry rub first?
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,368
    Chris, I absolutly love your creativity!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Great pics.The food ALL looks GREAT!
    ·
    Thanks as always Molly!
    ·
    Thanks Hoss!
    ·
  • Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Nice cooks!

Everything looks superb!
    ·
    Thanks! Appreciate it.
    ·
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,141
    I forgot to mention I do use a light sprinkling of dizzy dust.
    ·