Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bratwurst..

Options
Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got some of the Boar's Head, cooked variety for later. Plan is to poke 'em a bit and simmer in Beck's Dark for about 10 minutes. Then on the grill to get a golden brown finish. Gonna serve with sauted onions and slathered with Country Dijon. Anything I might add to the beer that might enhance the flavor of the brats? Thanks for any tips!!~~

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Great idea for lunch you rascal, thanks.

Any reason for poking other than to loose the juices during the cook?

1104snowbrats2.jpg

1104snowbrats3.jpg

Swiss cheese goes great withe brats
    brats.jpg

GG
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Read it while Googling for recipes. Assummed that it might help infuse them with flavor during the beer simmer. Looking great there!! what's your method??~~
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Not sure if it's good or not. We put slices in hot dogs to get flavor in (I think that's the reason).

Get and extra brat and don't poke one and see if there is any difference.

I am not sure how quick my brats will unfreeze before lunch...

GG
  • lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    In my opinion...NEVER EVER poke a brat before or during cooking. Save the beer for after grilling, all you need is a nice medium-low fire, put the raw brats straigh on the grill, and cook until firm. Then transfer to "brat-tub" of beer and onions.