Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tomorrows cook

Options
docbipe
docbipe Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My daughter and boyfriend are coming tomorrow to sample their first off of my Egg. I have decided on Louisiana style ribs, 2 racks in the vertical v rack, indirect with the place setter and drip pan, 5 hours at about 225. I will be using a rub I now keep on hand which is home made, and starts with a base of dijon mustard. Apple juice in the drip pan, etc. I have come to the conclusion if you pay attention to what you are doing, you CAN'T ruin the entree in the EGG!

This being said, why is there not a finishing temp on ANY of the recipies for ribs I have seen? Only times and cooking temps! Does this not go against the flow of info for everything else except chicken wings? Obviously I have some more schooling in store!

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Ribs are HARD to take an IT on.If you have a thermapen,I would shoot for the same temp as Butts.195-205 IT. The BEND test is the best I have used.Pick them up from one end,about halfway down with tongs,if they bend about 90 degrees without breaking,they are REAL close.Depends if you want comp ribs or eating ribs. ;)