Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Elevated BP?

Options
Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in Off Topic
FWIW, after much trial & error, I'm finally on a program of meds that has my bp down as low as 105/58 as I'm typing this... I do take a few other supplements (milk thistle, Garlique & 81 mg. aspirin), along with 40 mg Lipitor, 50 mg. Felodipine (Plendil) and 50 mg. Losartan. Also been taking a 'cocktail' of honey & apple cider vinegar in warm water every morning. My GP is amazed!!

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,759
    Options
    how high was it before you started. do you get dizzy standing up now, mine would get that low at night and i would fall over backwards, could have been due to high blood pressure during the day to the bp dropping down to those levels at night. i stopped taking the meds because my doctor wouldnt look into me collapsing at night. probably time to find another doc
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    I've been on various meds for well over 10 years. When I first started treatment, it wasn't super-high (probably around 150-160/ 90-100) but was slowly heading in the wrong direction. No, I don't suffer from any dizziness when at the lower readings. Didn't mention, but I also take milk thistle and 'Garlique' on a daily basis. My foot/ankle swelling has subsided along with another source of discomfort (associated with sitting too long). I'm just hoping that I can keep the COPD at bay for a long time. I'm currenty taking 2 puffs of Symbicort daily and it helps big time! Being able to super-inflate my lungs just before a sneeze or yawn is so wonderful! Best to you!! 8 - )