Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

THE CHUB HAS LANDED II ! (Pic Hvy)

Options
fasteddiem
fasteddiem Posts: 212
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had a great time with the loney! I scored it 3/4" deep in a diamond shape...
DSC08245.jpg
I made a slather of worcestershire, soy sauce and yellow mustard...
DSC08243.jpg
Slathered the chub and and coated in brown sugar...
DSC08247.jpg
And I paced on the egg setup for indirect at 250 with a pan of cheap beer underneath! It was smoked with Jack chips (thanks Hoss!) for a 3 hour cook!
DSC08248.jpg
When the time was up, the loney looked amazing!
DSC08250.jpg
I let it rest for a bit then sliced and put it back on the egg setup for direct cook at 400 to add grill marks! DSC08251.jpgDSC08252.jpg
At this point my mouth was watering! I made a Sammy with Loney, Colby Cheese, Yellow mustard, and Wonder Bread!
DSC08254.jpg
Great eats and a great time doing it! My lovely Bride thinks I'm crazy...but that's "OK." This was eggceptional! Thanks for all the past posts that led to this culinary delight! Thanks for looking!

Eddie

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    NICE!!! If you would be so kind as to email me your mailing address via the Forum,I will send YOU an "Official" 'Loney pin! ;) The 'Loney cook is IMPRESSIVE! GREAT JOB! Good eats indeed! How's that new baby and the rest of the family doing?
  • fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    Options
    Thanks Hoss! I just sent it over!

Life is good in the Meiners' household! I have a new beautiful daughter, and amazing 2 year old son, and a wife I couldn't love more! (And I have the egg that I've been coveting for years...of course!) We are settling back into normal life. I return to work tomorrow after 10 days home with the family :(, but duty calls! Thanks for remembering and thanks for the pin! I know I've said it at least a dozen times so far...I love my egg and I love this forum! Thanks to all of you that make it great!

Warmest Regards and Many Thanks!

Eddie
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Now there is some good eating. Great job. :P
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Great loney pics for sure...next time after it is smoked, slice up the loney and fry it in a CI skillet with butter...then make a sammich with it...OMG good...even Poot liked it.... :);)
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Eddie, that looks fantastic! Glad to hear your wife and baby are doing well. Call me when you have time :)
  • Egg Juju
    Egg Juju Posts: 658
    Options
    Sorry I missed it the first time around... Wow... that looks good. Is it lunch time yet?
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com