Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pizza

Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
edited 10:51PM in EggHead Forum
Absolutely love pizza from the egg. Decided to try Alfredo sauce this time around and it came out very well. The little wife doesn't like tomatoe based pizza sauces, did a Pesto sauce last time, Alfredo this time. Just buy the little dry mix packages and mix per directions, let cool and use. 1 package is barely enough for 2 pizzas. Also had chicken, sausage, peppers and onions on these.

Ready for the Egg
101_1844.jpg

Ready to come out
101_1848.jpg

Resting
101_1845.jpg

Sliced
101_1846.jpg

101_1847.jpg

Comments

• jmurrayjmurray Posts: 1
    Try the bottled alfredo sauce, fresh basil or fresh baby spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes!
  • Cheesy Goodness!
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Looks mighty tasty!
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    We love seafood pizzas. A little EVOO on the crust, some shrimp, scallops, spinach, onion, lots of mozerella, and whatever else you like, Yummy!!
    5464691279_5688ccdc2e.jpg
    P2200015 by Capt Frank1, on Flickr
    :) :) :)
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    Great lookin pie, wishin I had a slice or 2 right now!
  • Looks awesome! I can't believe you let that beauty rest...I would have just started eating :blush:
  • Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
    Love the look of that crust! I've only used pre-made crusts so far (they have been good). Need to find the quick and easy crust recipe that doesn't require a machine.
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,583
    Great looking pies, John. My wife is a big fan of alfredo sauce on pizza as well. Me....I'll take either, not picky as long as its egged.

I looked up Brushy Creek to see where you are at, and who would have guessed.....there's two in Texas. I'm guessing you are in the one near Austin by your handle? Or the one near Athens?

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings