Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Duck and smoke with pic.

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I've been cooking nothing special latley but I thought I'd share a few things with a duck I cooked up. Funny how solid a duck looks when I pick one up at the butcher only to find that it's mostly hollow with little meat when preparing for a cook. Still, duck does change the menu and keep things interesting. [p]I was thinking Asian so I first marinated the duck two hours with Lee Kum Kee Chinese Marinade. It's really good stuff.
Now the fun part. I started the cook with whole Chinese star anise smoke. Yup, that's a mighty nice smoke too. It brought my neighbor over asking what was I smoking with that spicy smell. "Whatcha cooking today Clay?" My son said it smells like pipe tobacco. I thought "cool". Just give the star anise a little water soaking and throw 6 on the coals. When the smoking slows down, throw 6 more on the coals. It's addicting aroma therapy.
Glazed the duck with Thailand sweet chili sauce. Comes in two heat levels- hot and very hot hot! I got the skin fairly crispy on top-yes, I had a little piece of skin. It pulled away nicely leaving the fat on the duck. Crunch-then sweet-then HOT! Yeah, it was fun. [p]Clay Q[p] 1dd3fc53.jpg[p][p][p][p][p][p][p][p]

Comments