Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs question

Options
Egghead Willie
Egghead Willie Posts: 185
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have company who brought a huge rack of pork spare ribs. Do I cook them the same as I do my baby Back?

Comments

• jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Add about an hour to the cook time over baby backs; that will be great.

:cheer:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    Depends on how you cook your baby back ribs. I cook ribs most every week that I am home and I cook my baby backs semi 3-2-1, that's 3 hours at 225 in a rib rack, then wrapped in foil and in the oven or back on the pit for 2 hours, then unwrapped and back on the grill to crisp them up or warm a little "Blues Hog" on the outside. I sometimes cook the spare ribs at the same time and when I take the BB's out of the rack lay the spares back flat on the grill till they are very tender, like Jaydub said about an additional hour. If I was only doing the spares I would probably just cook them a little hotter at 250 and start checking them at about 2 to 3 hours.

Good Luck! Be sure to let us know how they turn out. I am sure they will be great.