Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza for market

Options
Dimple's Mom
Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I currently have the opportunity to make pizza dough and/or pizza to be sold at a local farmer's market. These are to take home and bake at home. Is anyone here doing anything like that; and, if so, will you please contact me via email so we can chat.

I'm working on a dough recipe that will hold up. Usually the doughs I use, and the ones we all like, are very wet and not really ideal for this application. I'm guessing most people that buy these doughs/pizzas will cook them in an oven setting, which means 500 or lower, and so the really wet doughs aren't applicable here. Plus, they are much harder to make round and attractive, even though we all know they taste fantastic!

But I think my biggest challenge will be to get a dough and topping combo that can hold up to sitting uncooked for 12 - 36 hours until the person gets around to baking it.