Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Has anyone else run into this?

Options
transversal
transversal Posts: 719
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A few weeks back, I noticed one day when all vents on my large Egg were closed after a cook that smoke was blowing out from the left side of lower sliding vent assemly. It was the only place on the grill where smoke was coming out. A short time after that, I noticed ashes coming out from the same place.

Attempting to cure what was an apparent air leak, I tightened the screws securing the left side of the vent assembly to the body of the Egg. That didn't solve the problem, so I began a tedius job of filling the gap between the vent assembly and the Egg body with Ultra-Copper. Last night's cook confirmed that there is no longer a leak and I also found that the lump extinguishes a lot more quickly since I made the repair. I also noticed that the grill temp seems to be a bit more responsive to minor lower vent adjustments.

For what its worth.......an inexpensive tune up item that seems to have helped the performance of my Egg. Some pics of the repair appear below. Phone camera quality, so have a sense of humor about the pics.

IMG-20110709-00022.jpg

IMG-20110709-00021.jpg

IMG-20110709-00020.jpg

Comments