Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Salmon and Stuff

Florida Grillin GirlFlorida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,408
edited 10:31AM in EggHead Forum
I decided to make cedar planked salmon for the disinterested teenager and somehow it turned into a small seafood feast....

The salmon went on first, I used DP Raging River and fresh dill and lemon. Cooked direct with the plank on the grid at 350 dome. Then I raised it up to cook some corn underneath, threw on some crab legs, and what the heck, a lobster tail:

P7054408.jpg

Here is the lobster after the flip to get some char on the tail:

P7054409.jpg

The sunset happened while I was cooking~

P7054414.jpg

The teenagers plate - his first time tasting lobster meat (in center) with butter poured over....

P7054413.jpg

I have created a monster, he LIKED it!!
Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

Comments

• FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Faith, beautiful shots and cook! The teenager can't be disinterested in that feast! Makes me want to run out and get some seafood.
  • Florida Grillin Girl wrote:

I have created a monster, he LIKED it!!

:laugh: :laugh: Very nice Faith
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Terrific as always Faith! :cheer: Beautifuls shots and super meal, that kid dosen't know how lucky he is :lol:
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    I really like your definition of "Stuff". :laugh: Looks like it was a great meal.
  • Capt. Frank, he is coming along s l o w ly.....
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I am with you Mark, Faith has a way of taking "stuff" to a whole new level! :P :cheer:
  • leeflashleeflash Posts: 66
    Great looking cook!
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    I don't see how ANYONE could not like that.Beautiful cook.As usual. :)
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,092
    Great looking meal. Teach the young'un how to scuba dive for the bugs and you will both eat eggstremely well from the sea.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    It's about damn time he came around Faith! :lol:
    Wish I could taste that lovely meal.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Faith....wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that's all I can say.....we're moving next to you...........
  • WokOnMediumWokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Oh wow! Learn to trust the Egger Young Grasshoppah. Nice cook Faith!
  • Beli, please move next door to me!
  • BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    WOW!!! What a great meal. Where did you get the holders for the corn?
  • BobS, I got them from New England eggfest, but I think I saw them at Waldorf at Seasonal Distibutors as well.
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Beautiful meal and sunset Faith
    Always drool over your seafood posts :)

Shane
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 10,153
    faith, you have to make up your mind! you complain that he WON'T eat your food - now you're complaining that he DOES! :laugh: :laugh:

great looking cook though. send me some, will ya? :)

I will not eat oysters. I want my food dead. Not sick, not wounded... dead.

Woody Allen

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• CarolinaQ, I am not complaining - I am always happy when he tries something new, but I don't want him asking for lobster every night!!
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    I like that lobster tail and crab are "stuff"

great cook.

beautiful sunset :)
    context is important :)