Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last weekend's cooks

Fluffyb
Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been under some considerable stress lately, work and my mom is not doing well. So took Friday off and did a mini roadtrip with my BFF (her birthday as well). We went to Temecula for wine tasting and came home Sunday via the mountains and Idllywild. Beautiful country, it was just what we both needed. Then home to watch the Daytona race Saturday night. Before we left I put a corned beef in to soak and left directions with the fiance to change the water.
IMAG0605.jpg

We did hamburger, grilled asparagus and corn for dinner Saturday night. They were YUMMY! My friend bought a condo recently that does not have a patio, so no grill. She was hungry for grilled food!
IMAG0608.jpg

IMAG0609.jpg

Also rinsed the corned beef and put Third Eye's pastrami rub on it. Then on to the Egg Sunday morning.
IMAG0611.jpg

Into a pot with a Becks.
IMAG0612.jpg

Sliced up and ready to eat! Forgot to take pics of the sandwiches. We had them with sauerkraut. Delish.
IMAG0613.jpg

Last night marinated salmon in equal parts soy sauce & maple syrup for about an hour. Then grilled along with artichokes. So good! Put a little balsamic vinegrette on the artichokes, the smoke just works so well with them.
IMAG0615.jpg

Summer has arrived!

Comments

• fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Teresa, sorry to hear about your Mom, glad you got a much needed change of pace,and some fine looking cooks in!!
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Bookmarked! I must try the salmon and artichokes!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Fluffyb
    Thanks Kendall, it was a short but fun getaway! And cooking is my best stress reliever.
  • Fluffyb
    Scott, grilled artichokes are the best. I steam mine first, then half and remove the choke. Poured some homemade vinegrette made with herbs d'Provence on and let them marinate for about a half an hour. Wonderful flavor.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Sorry to hear about your Mother Teresa. I hope things get better.
    Great looking meals! I really have to get around to doing corned beef. Your looks yummy.
    Happy Summer!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE