Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Ever Have This Happen??

BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,378
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Over the 4th weekend we had my nephew and his girlfriend over for a meal. I did beef filets on large #1 and twice baked potatoes on large #2. I was using RO Steakhouse in both. I fired them both up and noticed a strange smell coming from #2 (yes I said #2 but go with me).

The meal went well and no one said anything, but I could taste a funky flavor in the potatoes. I checked it the next a.m. and found what must have been a piece of plastic in the lump and welded to the side of the firebox. I think all of us have found rocks, metal, etc, but this really smelled bad.

I did a 800+ degree clean burn tonight and could smell it for the first hour and then it seemed to be gone. It is almost cooled now and I swear I can still smell it. I am going to wire brush the hell out of the firebox when it cools and do another clean burn tomorrow night, but not sure I can trust RO anymore. I can put up with rocks and metal, but this toxic material is not acceptable!!

Mike
Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE

Comments