Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Really Fast Brisket

TheLazyCTheLazyC Posts: 87
edited 8:45PM in EggHead Forum
I bought a 16# brisket to smoke over the the extended weekend. On Sunday my wife said she invited "everyone" over to eat tonight. Then I explained that it was a 12 - 15 hour process. Anyway long story short.

At 12:30 I pulled the brisket from the fridge, loaded up the XLBGE with lump, start the fire and trimmed and coated the brisket with yellow mustard and my homemade rub, it hit the egg around 1:00 and I it was close to 1:30 before it actually got up to my target temp of 350 degrees. Around 6:00 it was 197 - 210 degrees and I pulled it, double wrapped in foil and then towel and placed in cooler.

It only rested for about 45 minutes before they were ready to sit down so I carved it up and it was on the money.

I really could not tell any differance from my overnight low and slow cooks. Will diffently try again.
·

Comments

• Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,696
    I'm convinced that foiling makes up for time and helps to retain / re-absorbe the drippings.

Spring "Foiled Again" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Yep I do my brisket, butts & ribs the "fast" method. Everybody loves them and it doesn't take forever... ;)
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,254
    A lot of people on the BBQ Brethren forum swear by high temp briskets and say the same thing as you about no difference.
    Knoxville, TN
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,438
    Kim is 350 your temp as well?
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·