Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Potater wedgies

Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
edited 3:47PM in EggHead Forum
First just wanted to share my breakfast this mornin. DianaQ made Door County Cherry Pie, could not eat this last evening because I was stuffed. So this is what's for breakfast, mighty fine.
DrumSmokerRibs0032.jpg

On to the potater wedgies. Excellent next to BBQ ribs. Roasted in the small egg, was easy to make. Here's what I did.
Egg 400 dome, plate setter legs up and grid on legs.
Wash and slice potaters lengthwise into quarters. Oil liberally and dust with your rub of choice. Roast 45-60 minutes or until browned and crispy. Serve with sour cream and chives.
DrumSmokerRibs0027.jpg

DrumSmokerRibs0028.jpg

I had a terrific time smokin spares on the 4th. Weather was beautiful and the beer was cold. I'm on a learnin curve as they turned out fall off the bone and would not win points in competition. Family enjoyed however and so did I. I'll keep workin on it.
DrumSmokerRibs0023.jpg
Have a great day.

Comments

• EggObsessedEggObsessed Posts: 614
    YUMMMMM!! The pie, taters and ribs look GREAT!! :)
    Kelley 
    Egging with NoJokeSmoke (Bruce) in SW Austin, Texas
    BGEs: XL, Medium, MiniMax and Mini
  • I reckon those ribs were a big hit with your judges :)

The potatoes look fantastic

Cherry pie for breakfast? :) Decadent for sure :)

Thanks for sharing Clay
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 7,220
    All looks wonderful Clay

Ross
  • egretegret Posts: 4,089
    Dang, Clay!! :ohmy: Just wonderin' here...........have you been laid off recently, or are you on summer break??! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,163
    Nice looking cook. Where are the fufu drinks with the umbrellas?
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,602
    That all looks great. Cherry pie for breakfast? Sure sounds good to me. I'll take a slice. Thanks for sharing how you did your potatoes. Might try that tonight.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• MickeyMickey Posts: 18,480
    Good to be you Clay ;) Nice...
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Clay, you are just like my sister, she believes in having dessert first, inclding first thing in the morning. :lol: Your spares and potatoes look mighty fine. :)
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Clay, you are just like my sister, she believes in having dessert first, inclding first thing in the morning. :lol: Your spares and potatoes look mighty fine. :)
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

Nice looking cook. Sometimes I love those wedges. I have got to give that a try on the egg.

That pie looks pretty darn good too.

GG
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,435
    DianaQ got a thing for these drinks. And I gotta make'em, she would never make her own. Servitude, something I'm so good at. :ermm: First ya gotta go out and buy a wattamellon...
    DianaQssummerdrink0002.jpg

My drink was easy, unscrew the cap off an ice cold Mickey's and I'm good. B)
    You know me John, I'm a cookin fool on the weekends. :lol:
    I'd like to meet her, we have things in common. Is she an artist as well? :lol:

As I see it I'm gonna get that pie in my belly one way or another and breakfast is as good of a time as any. Anything but alcohol is fair game before high noon. Even spiced chocolate.
    We loved your gift basket. All that's left is balsamic and olive oil, reserved for home made bread dippin.

You cookin on your beautiful table? I wanna see pic's.
  • You never told me what it was I was drinking over the internet with Diana ;)