Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Brisket Help/ Question

jbennyjbenny Posts: 147
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I put 3 10lbs briskets on at 1:30 am and now they are all at 176-178 and it's only been about 6 hrs. I was planning on them taking an 1.5 hours per pound and be ready around 4-5 this afternoon. Did I do something wrong? Any ideas on what I should do? Thanks!

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    what temp are you cooking at? you might be in the platue and hang there a bit, still a ways to go to 190. and then you can foil and wrap well and into a cooler for about 4 hours. if you wrap them well so there is no heat loss and do not open the cooler at all you can go a bit longer. at 4 hours check the temp. if close to 140 you will have to pull and slice and wrap to reheat and serve. you can drop the temp a bit to slow them down also.
  • eggsrgreateggsrgreat Posts: 86
    I did one yesterday and took it to 195. It took forever after it hit 175 to get to 195. I bet your right on schedule, especially if you just barely crack the vents.
  • jbennyjbenny Posts: 147
    I've had the guru set to 225 and it's been doing it's job so far. I'm hoping for a nice long 6 hr plateau so I can wrap, throw in the cooler and take to the party. I always do fat side up, have rotated before and I'm thinking maybe I need try them sideways next time.