Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Breakfast on the XL(pic hvy)

"Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited 8:13PM in EggHead Forum
I decided to make some eggs this morning,so I went to the fridge to see what else I had to make a delicious breakfast :woohoo: Here's what I came up with...

031-5.jpg

"The raws" ......

032-6.jpg

039-4.jpg

I preheated the skillet with a bit of EVOO .......

040-2.jpg

Then I added the bell peppers and eggs .....

046-3.jpg

053-4.jpg

I also toasted the english muffins on the egg .....

059-3.jpg

A quick flip of the eggs,

064-3.jpg

and it's time to build the sammies :woohoo:

066-2.jpg

067.jpg

Ah,perfectly cooked :woohoo:

078.jpg

083.jpg

Thanks for lookin,I'm stuffed ;)
·

Comments

• outrageousoutrageous Posts: 531
    now, go take a nap and then cook something for dinner.. :blink: :blink: :blink: :S .
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    :woohoo: I'm tryin to figure out what to cook for lunch :whistle:
    ·
  • BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    That looks great. Like the idea with the bell peppers.
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Good idea buddy, like "Toad in the Hole" ala Sparky!
    I am running a few hours behind you, doing a sauasage/jalepeno quiche on the SBGE right now.
    ·
    Thanks BP ;)
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Great idea, corralling the eggs in the bell pepper. Now, if Texas A&M would only develop a bell pepper in the shape of Texas ..... :P

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    I make egg sammies all the time, I love your idea with the peppers, will definetly do that one! :)
    Thans :)
    FYI, I saw a Paula Dean episode a while back where she put sliced tomato and avacado on egg sammies, we do those often and they are delicious :ohmy: You might want to try it :)
    ·
    Thanks Ron,that's all I could come up with since I don't have any of those fancy metal rings to shape the eggs :P The eggs just fit the muffin better this way :)
    ·
  • BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    Nice concept. Only if they could do the hawaiian Islands
    ·
    Thanks Gary
    ·
    Thanks Frank,I've been making eggs this way for a year or so.I like the avocado idea,I'll definitely try that next time :)
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,324
    that's a cool way to add a little heat to the eggs. nice idea. gotta love a toasted e-muffin. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
    Thanks Tom :)
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Doug, that looks so good, specially with the bite on it :laugh: , never used green peppers that way actually, Good idea!!
    ·
    Thanks Beli,they were quite tasty :woohoo:
    ·
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Those last 2 pictures are tops. I like the pepper ring idea to help keep the egg sized right.
    ·
    Thanks Mark,and I agree,the last pic is my favorite :woohoo:
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,400
    Heck of a breakfast Doug! Way to start the day.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 3,789
    Very cool.
    Never seen the pepper used like that before...
    I need to get out more.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
    ·
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    great idea..... thanks.... i'm going to try it..... maybe a big fat tomato too.... thanks! ray
    ·
  • photolewphotolew Posts: 8
    okay that "pepper" ring might be the coolest grill idea I've seen in a long time...too cool. thanks :silly:
    ·
  • photolewphotolew Posts: 8
    okay that "pepper" ring might be the coolest grill idea I've seen in a long time...too cool. thanks :silly:
    ·