My gasket fried within about a month of cooking on it, after a couple of high-temp sears and pizzas. I've wanted to replace it mostly to help with shutdown.
After looking into the rutland and coltronics, I decided to just buy a tube of the Ultracopper and use it to make a gasket itselft. I scraped off the remenants of the old felt, cleaned the rim, then applied a thick bead of ultracopper all the way around the bottom. I covered it with wax paper, and shut the lid to press down on it. I let it sit for a day, then opened and slowly removed the wax paper all around. I did a bit of trimming with a utility knife around the edges, where it seaped over. Now, I have a perfect seal.
It does not cushion the lid, but does form a great fairly airtight seal all the way around. Filled in all the little gaps.
Highly recommended. And if you mess up, you can just peal it off, or cut off a section and redo. And I only used about 1/3 or 1/2 of a tube.