Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Monitoring post responses

Options
LoisLane
LoisLane Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is there a way to monitor (i.e. have emails sent to yourself) people's responses to a post, when you yourself have not added a post to that particular topic ?

For example, someone posts a question "How do you change a tire ? " . Well, I think I know how, but I want to remember to read incoming responses to be sure there is not some handy new trick I should be aware of. I know if I add a response like "This was an interesting question" and check the box to subscribe- then I get emails of the responses.

What if I don't want to clutter up the board with several random posts in places- any other way to be able to remember which particular posts I want to come back to (i.e. any way to "star" them or something ??).

I think I know the answer, but I wanted to double check cuz you know what they say about assuming. :evil:

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    take a look at my suggested set up - you might like this way of navigating better.
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1000581&catid=1
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can't you click on "subscribe to topic"?
  • LoisLane
    LoisLane Posts: 94
    Options
    Thank you very much for this info RRP. I will read over it in detail & play around with the settings.
    I knew about the classic view vs flat view option for the list of all the different posts, but I didn't realize there is then a separate option inside of the specific topic view.

Hubby helped troubleshoot last night. Turns out in classic view of the actual topic, I am in automatic setup for "reply mode" and the only "subscribe" box there is for when you actually post a reply to that topic (you can't check it and hit submit w/out typing a reply).

Somehow hubby's default settings were flat view and he showed me in that version there is a standalone "subscribe" button that has nothing to do w/ posting a reply- you have to click a separate button to get the reply text box area to appear.

Love learning new stuff. :)