Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

bacon wraped mushrooms

beaver53beaver53 Posts: 9
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Need recipes for bacon wraped mushrooms Thanks

Comments

• flatsoflatso Posts: 24
    These aren't wrapped but a similar take. I take small white or portobella mushrooms and remove them and hollow out cap. I then stuff the mushroom with a good quality Spanish (not Mexican) chorizo and a piece of manchego cheese. I drizzle evoo, dry white wine, and sprinkle each with some grey sea salt and pimenton, which is a spicy paprika from Spain. Drop in the green egg for about 45 minutes at 280. I don't really time any of my cooks but the mushrooms will eventually release a lot of flavor and become very tender. Sometimes we top with chopped and roasted red pepper for a little sweetness. Comes out great and a tray is usually gone in my house before I've had time to take the BBQ glove off.