Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cinnamon Buns

Options
Chuck
Chuck Posts: 812
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
CB3.jpg
<p />Here is the recipe for the buns I made last week. I did them on the BGE the same way except the dome temp was closer to 375°. The setup was an inverted plate setter with a cooking grid on the legs. The icing recipe is a cream cheese frosting, mostly powdered sugar, cream cheese and butter. I can't share the exact icing recipe just yet but I am sure you all can make a great one. Enjoy.[p][p]Cinnamon Buns[p]Dough[p]¾ cup milk
½ cup sugar
1 ¼ tsp salt
½ cup butter
2 packages dry yeast
1/3 cup of warm water (105°-115°)
3 eggs, at room temperature
5 ½ - 6 ½ cups flour[p]Combine milk, sugar, salt and butter in sauce pan. Heat over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool to lukewarm.[p]Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl. Add milk mixture, eggs and 5 cups of flour. Mix for 3 minutes in a mixer with dough hooks or until well mixed if by hand. Add ½ cup of flour at a time until dough forms a ball and doesn’t stick to the bowl.[p]Place in a greased bowl, (turn to grease top) cover with a towel or waxed paper, and let rise for 1 hour in a warm spot.[p]Filling[p]1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
½ cup butter
¼ cup of flour
1 ½ tbsp cinnamon
½ cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts[p]Mix in a mixer for one minute or by hand until well mixed.[p]Roll out dough to a 10” X 32” rectangle (about 1/4 “ thick). Spread cinnamon/sugar mixture evenly on dough except for ½”on the long sides. Roll up and pinch the seam tightly. Cut into 21- 1 ½” slices. Put 7 in each 9” pan, cover and let rise for 1 hour.[p]Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.[p]

Comments