Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

CyberQ II Question

danv23danv23 Posts: 538
edited 3:24AM in EggHead Forum
The only thing holding me back is wether or not I can control the unit from my android phone. I understand that you have to connect the unit to a PC (unless i'm missing something) via wired or wireless ethernet, but from there I'm a little stumped. Is there a free desktop emulation program out there? Will it even work?

Looking for someone that has completed this that can give me some pointers.

Thanks!

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA
·

Comments

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226

You might want to call the Guru folks and their support people. Ask the exactly what you are wanting to achieve.

I have the DigiQ and it is a great product for monitoring and controlling 1 egg and 1 food probe.

If you want to control and monitor more than 2 cookers and more than 2 food probes look into the Stoker. With the Stoker you can monitor and control the cooks with any device that has access to a browser from anywhere there is internet or LAN connections.

·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    The CyberQ unit connects via USB, so to do PC connection and then possibly onto your phone, you will either need to run a USB cable or get a wireless USB hub to get you to the PC.
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 538
    Hey Whiz, I'm still on the fence. I have tried some apps tonight, but I havent found anything that will emulate my desktop onto my android phone. I love my digiQ II but I'd love to upgrade to one unit for both eggs and control remotely. I don't want to go stoker because of the expense.

Are you aware of anything app-wise? I called the guru and i hate to say they weren't much help, but they weren't. I simply asked what apps work. The one he told me didnt emulate the desktop. Worries me that they cant answer a simple question, but maybe there isnt an answer.

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    I don't know. I hooked it up to my laptop directly with a USB cable. I bought a wireless USB hub but it wouldn't work with the unit. So, I pretty much left that up to the folks who want to use their phones. Good luck!
    The Naked Whiz
    ·