Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Temp controller convert

stevesails
stevesails Posts: 990
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I Bought and Auber Instrument never used off craigs list, usded it saturday for a 10 hour butt cook. Once i got the egg stabilized at 250 or close to it, I hooked up the unit and let it do its thing.
I am a convert. set it an forget it.

I was so confident in it. I left it alone for 3 hours and it was still at 250 where i left it.
XL   Walled Lake, MI

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    What the heck is a Auber Intsrument controller? You mean BBQ Guru or Stoker? Never heard of such a funny thing. (Just kidding). I think you are joining a select few of us with the Auber Instrument controller. How did you find a used Auber Instrument of Craigslist? That's a pretty scarce find. Have had mine for the past 6-8 months. Used maybe a half dozen times or so. A nice basic let's get to the point type of controller. Has one job and it does it well. Nice find!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    i was doing my weekly or every two week search on Cragslist for "big Green Egg" and it popped up. $ 100.00 and had to get the XL adapter from Auber for $6.50 with shipping.

I am pleased with it.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 10,996
    That's a nice price. Bought mine for $99 during the end of the year closeout sale. I think they are asking $130+ on the average day. Naked Whiz did a real nice review of it on his website if interested.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota