Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

ABT and shroom pizza

Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
edited 11:01AM in EggHead Forum
The ABT's have become an addiction around here
What started out as a few has turned into this :laugh:
ABTs-1.jpg
The stuffed portabella also comes into play here.

After a great night with friends, we had a few ABT's and that portabella left over(got it on late)
That went on to tonight's pizza with crazy good results.
Some pics

Getting a little air(very little) :)
realtoss.jpg

Before the fire
ABTandshroompie.jpg

Coming along
ABTpie.jpg

Done
ABTpizza.jpg

This pie turned out great. One more reason to make more ABT's. The stuffed shroom also played a big part. Will be trying this one again :)

Thanks for looking

Shane

Comments

• Very nice cook.

Doug.
  • fire eggerfire egger Posts: 1,124
    Very nice, Shane!! we are ABT addicts also, it's tough isnt it :laugh: :laugh:
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    If you don't watch it Visa is going to sighn you up for that tv commershall where the pizza guy is slinging doe behind his back while a couple drinks wine ready for a night like no others all because he can "charge it". :laugh: Get you a couple of habaneros and wrap'm up. Make a man outself of you! ;)
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,010
    The ABT Pie is something I need to replicate...thanks for the idea.
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Thanks Doug
    It went pretty quick :)

Shane
    Thanks Kendell
    I am still amazed how good these are.
    This was the first time we had any leftover :laugh:

Shane
    Thanks JL
    I will pick up a couple of habs to try. :)
    Now where did I put that sno-cone machine? :laugh:

Shane
    Hey Barry
    Let us know how it works out :)

Shane
  • It looks so good, Shane. Did you toss the real dough?
    Thanks Faith
    The ABT's and stuffed mushroom really work on the pie :)
    The one in the pic is the real dough,
    why I kept it low :laugh:

Shane
  • Newbie Egger here. What the heck is an ABT? I'm learning so much on this forum. I had to ask what in the heck a Woo was the other day! :S
  • cuanglercuangler Posts: 19
    Atomic Buffalo Turds.

There are a few different ways to make them... You can butterfly them open lengthwise, stuff with a little smoakie and cream cheese, and then wrap with bacon and smoke.

Sunday, I picked up a BGE pepper stand and cored out the peppers, dropped in some bacon pieces, added cream cheese, and then more bacon. So dang good.

P6100060.jpg