Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheap Burgers

Options
Mr Holloway
Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Always looking for the sales, found a couple of roasts marked down.
They looked like they would grind up nice for some burgers.
Some pics
The roasts
cheapbeef.jpg
Beef-1.jpg

Cubed up and chilled in the freezer
Cubedbeef.jpg

Ground up
Thirstywork.jpg

Everything getting toasty
Gettintoasty.jpg

Plated with a salad
Plated-3.jpg
Man, these turned out great. Maybe could have used a little more fat, but the beef flavour was killer. Some of the best so far. :)

Thanks for looking

Shane

Comments

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    Your post has inspired me into looking into buying a meat grinder. I've looked at several on ebay - some manual, some electric, some stainless, some cast iron.

Do you have any advice as to which to buy? My main thing is that I would want one that is easy to clean when done. Can you advise? Thanks!

By the way, the burgers look awesome :ohmy:
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Hey Hub
    This is an entry level grinder, it was around $70.
    I am very happy with it. We also used it to make sausage and it worked great.
    There are lots of posts in the search engine about the different types out there and folks with a lot more experience in which one to buy.
    Your right about the cleaning. You want one you can get apart easy and get everything really clean.

You will enjoy grinding you own beef. Much better than store bought.

Shane