Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I cooked with Briquetts last night!

Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
edited 1:22AM in EggHead Forum
I have had an ammo box half full of Kingsford for at least 5yrs. I decided to get rid of some to grill eggplant in my counter grill. It worked fine. I lit them with my propane torch. There was some newspaper from 2005 in the box. I guess I should have used that half can of lighter fluid that I still have in my shed to light it.

Talk about a flashback :laugh:
DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

Comments

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    I hope you remembered to put the K's facing up. Heheheee.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • OMG EggsOMG Eggs Posts: 118
    Last Sunday, my neighbors to one side were bbqing with briquettes in a cheap barrel grill and the neighbor on the other side had his egg going with lump (I was doing yard work). Smelling both at the same time was quite a contrast.
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,359
    Oh dear, the 'Lump Police' will no doubt be there in short order... : - 0
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Hmmph. Anybody that would use brickettes on an Egg would probably run his ship onto a reef. :ohmy:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    :laugh: :laugh:

I wouldn't dare putting them in my egg.
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    you can really smell the difference can't you LOL a few years ago we were out for a golf cart ride in the park in fl.. there are 500 units there and we would go by a house and ewe.. ewe.... oh.. someone is using lump! lots of grills going and ONE was using lump. now there are many more as we spread the egg love though the area LOL