Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cherry with brisket?

Rafter RRafter R Posts: 120
edited 1:51AM in EggHead Forum
Have any of you used Cherry mixed w/ Pecan for your brisket? I got both and was considering the mix. Curious for your thoughts. I have always been a "mesquiter" but will be breaking new ground Friday night. B)

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,671
    Cherry will be a lot milder than mesquite. I like apple cherry mix or sometimes hickory. If your looking for the stronger taste like mesquite you'll have to load up on the chunks.
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    I use pecan on brisket.Never added cherry but don't see what it could hurt.Good Luck.
  • BBQMavenBBQMaven Posts: 1,041
    Cherry adds a much darker color to the meat and bark. Still a mild flavor.
    Kent Madison MS
  • LDDLDD Posts: 1,225
    I've used cherry with brisket a few times. not a strong smokey flavour... but still there.
    context is important :)
  • Dust9000Dust9000 Posts: 26
    I use cherry with Pecan for a milder mix. Always use pecan with brisket. Never used mesquite on slow smokes. Mesquite is used in some places since it is cheap. Good for hot coals for fajitas.
  • Great mix for brisket!
    Enjoy B)