Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Top ten reasons to own an egg?

RoundTownerRoundTowner Posts: 125
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey folks Russ, from your Central Texas BGE Dealer in Salado, is takin some Eggs to the Holland Cornfest next weekend B) I'm looking for some top ten reasons you own a BGE?!?!?! Come join Russ and his gang if your in the area B)
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,803
    Save $$$$$$$ by not eating out as much. Cost of gas is an eggcellent reason to stay home and cook.
    ·
  • RoundTownerRoundTowner Posts: 125
    Holland is just off the map....east of Salado bout 10 miles! 37th Holland Cornfest....check it out on the web.........
    ·
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 5,976
    I think one of the best reasons to buy an egg is that you will use it far more often and much longer than any other grill/smoker. It is somewhat expensive, but it will be the last grill/smoker you have to buy.

...until you get your 2nd egg of course ;).

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

·
  • BB1857BB1857 Posts: 131
    The Egg will make even your most basic cooks better than you could have imagined!!
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

I think I have the best reason . . . it was a gift! I got it for Christmas a couple years ago from my sister and BIL. Their nice people. :)

Blair

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,113
    This FORUM. You meet the nicest people and get the best information FAST.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
    FriendsDontletT-Shirt.jpg
    ·
  • FSM-MeatballFSM-Meatball Posts: 215
    10. It will last a lifetime.
    9. I have never met someone that didn't LOVE their EGG
    8. Its a Brick Oven
    7. Its a Smoker
    6. Its a Grill
    5. Pizza and Breads
    4. Low and Slow Pulled Pork (Brisket for you Texas Folk)
    3. Hi Temp seared Steaks
    2. This Forum and all the passionate eggheads
    1. Best food you will ever make
    ·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    To become a celebrity :laugh:
    ·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    All of the above and below.
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Buy three eggs, build a shack to provide cover for them. Name the shack after some old Texas brothel, and the women will be lined up and down the street just waiting and hoping for a glimpse of you in your Lone Star apron.

Trust me. It's happened before. :)

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Gary,

I've got everything in line, just need a name. :S lil-help... :ermm:
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Adam,

How about The Chicken Farm? ..... nah. Hmmm, The Chicken Spread ?.... nope. Chicken Manor? uh,uh. I got it !!!! El Rancho Pollo. Yeah, that's it !!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • Because your friends will stop coming over if your gassy.
    ·
  • I'd have to put bread & pizza way up at the top of my Top 10 list.
    ·
  • RoundTownerRoundTowner Posts: 125
    Thanks to all!!
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,351
    Drive the neighbors bonkers!! 8 - ),,,
    ·
  • milesofsmilesmilesofsmiles Posts: 1,332
    Via crimsongator, "It's the most versitile cooker you'll ever own, and it will last for ever". For this statement He will get a special gift, tbd . :) :) :)
    ·
  • ManfredManfred Posts: 186
    no one has said anything about going to the eggfest to meet all the great people/eggheads and good food.
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    It is the best and most versitle cooking tool(indoor or out) that you can buy.
    ·