Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Because "Somebody" didn't make at Athens!

loco_engr
loco_engr Posts: 5,765
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Been on my "List" of things to cook and she wasn't doing it at Athens fest :sick: :(

CIPUDCa.jpg

CIPUDCb.jpg

Cast Iron Skillet Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pecans, chopped
1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored,eyes removed, and sliced
1 pkg butter recipe cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
2/3 cup water
3 whole eggs

Directions:

Melt 1/2 c. butter in 10-inch cast iron skillet (a deep one is best). Add brown sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add chopped pecans to mixture just before taking off fire.

Set skillet off heat and then add prepared pineapple. Slice pineapple into rings. (I chop a couple rings into pieces for added pineapple between the slices in bottom of skillet.) Arrange pineapple on top of brown sugar mixture. Maraschino cherries may be placed around at this time.

Prepare cake mix as directed on box. If there is juice from pineapple, that can be used instead of the water to make the 2/3 c. of liquid. Add remaining butter, eggs, and liquid to cake mix stir until thoroughly beaten. Pour on top of pineapple mixture.

Place in green egg indirect at 350 degrees. No lid on skillet. Check every 20 minutes and rotate to ensure even cooking.
Bake time is about 1 hour but check with wooden toothpick for doneness. Let cake cool for at least 10 minutes. Run knife around cake to loosen from sides of skillet. Invert onto serving plate

Lake Conroe Eggers, wife Colleans fault! :P
aka marysvilleksegghead
Lrg 2008
mini 2009
XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
Henny Youngman:
I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap

Comments

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Uh oh...was that me bad or Colleen???? Now you have me wanting to go bake that darn cake :angry:
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    DANGGITBOY!.You done flung a cravin on me! :woohoo:
  • loco_engr
    Judy . . . you are safe! :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    you are welcome! :lol:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman: