Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Turkey Breast suggestions

Options
Borders
Borders Posts: 665
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Eggheads,
I have 2 boneless turkey breast halves, that I want to cook with different seasonings tomorrow. I want to brine both, and don't necessarily need to brine differently. I have most of Ken Stone's and Dizzy Pig's rubs available.
Do you have any suggestions, or should I just wing it? Get it? Wing it?[p]Scott

Comments

• Martini Mark in PTC
    Options
    Borders,
    You can brine/season one & inject the other with either the brine or try just simple lemon juice/butter/garlic powder injection. You can even substitute in your favorite herb flavor in the butter for awhile, whole of course, then remove from the liquid & inject. That works good too, especially when working with herbs in sprigs like thyme/rosemary/etc. Twist a nice coat of coarse ground peppercorns on the turkey for added flavor. The sky's the limit....good luck & Happy Easter!

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Borders, yopu cannot wing a breast, however you can walk a breast. Actually those boneless turkey breasts are delicious. The new BGE rub (with the maple sugar) is good on it as are the Red Rooster from BlueSmoke and the Tsusami Spin or Jamaican Firewalk from NatureBoy. Be sure to not overcook the breast as it can cook quickly on you. I pull mine at 162 and let it rise to the 165 suggested minimum over the next few minutes.