Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Beef Baste??

RascalRascal Posts: 3,351
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a recipe that calls for it while cooking beef ribs. Can anyone tell me what it is? Thank you!~~
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,802
    I usually cook the beef ribs and after 3 hours spritz with 1/3 apple juice, 1/3 apple cider vinegar and 1/3-your choice- soy sauce, orange juice, water or bbq sauce. The orange can be rather sweet.

Recently I did some beef short ribs to make a stock for French onion soup and used this for a baste 1/2 way thru the cook. Great flavor.

INGREDIENTS:

6 Ozs Tomato Paste
    1 Cup Red Wine, Cabernet sauvignon
    1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
    couple TBS season of choice.
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,351
    Thanks, Richard. The recipe is from an Adam Lang BBQ book and I suspect 'baste' should have been 'base'.

http://www.nibblemethis.com/2010/09/beef-back-ribs-aka-dino-bones.html
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,802
    I would agree with base.
    ·