Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribs

jimi1234jimi1234 Posts: 98
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,

What do people think of Dr BBQ's baby back ribs recipe from his Big Time BBQ Cookbook (also posted on the BGE website)?

http://www.biggreenegg.com/backyard.html

He uses a higher temp than most recipes - 325.

Is that too high? Or should I stick closer one of the recipes on the Playing With Fire and Smoke blog?

Cheers
Jimi
·

Comments

• atlpatsatlpats Posts: 102
    I'd say go for it, looks like a pretty good recipe. I think the covering in foil helps with the higher temp.
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    I'm sure any recipe/technique Ray puts out on the www is tried & true, and will be excellent. There is more than one way to do just about anything.
    ·
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,296
    ribs will take higher cooking temps, 300-350. foil stage helps with higher temps. might be a good idea to protect the rib ends if the ends sit where the heat rises past your indirect piece. ends could burn from the higher temps.

I'm doing ribs 275-300, better bark formation at these temps.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·