Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ribs

jimi1234jimi1234 Posts: 98
edited 5:19AM in EggHead Forum
Hi all,

What do people think of Dr BBQ's baby back ribs recipe from his Big Time BBQ Cookbook (also posted on the BGE website)?

http://www.biggreenegg.com/backyard.html

He uses a higher temp than most recipes - 325.

Is that too high? Or should I stick closer one of the recipes on the Playing With Fire and Smoke blog?

Cheers
Jimi

Comments

• atlpatsatlpats Posts: 102
    I'd say go for it, looks like a pretty good recipe. I think the covering in foil helps with the higher temp.
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    I'm sure any recipe/technique Ray puts out on the www is tried & true, and will be excellent. There is more than one way to do just about anything.
  • tjvtjv Posts: 3,357
    ribs will take higher cooking temps, 300-350. foil stage helps with higher temps. might be a good idea to protect the rib ends if the ends sit where the heat rises past your indirect piece. ends could burn from the higher temps.

I'm doing ribs 275-300, better bark formation at these temps.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.