Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken wing recipie

Options
Smokin Bob
Smokin Bob Posts: 239
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok anyone got a great chicken wing recipie. I usually don't like a heavy breading, like hooters, yuck! Thanks in advance. I have looked at the recipes on the BGE site.

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    ChefRdWings.jpg
    <p />smokin' Bob,[p]ChefRD's wings are da bomb. The breading is light, crunchy and full of flavor.... and they're great even without sauce.[p]John

[ul][li]Chris does ChefRd Wings.[/ul]
  • smokin' Bob,[p]I have two that I like. One is very simple. I just rub them down with Gates Spicy (Gates has a strnig of BBQ joints down in the KC area). Just grill them direct flipping them about every five minutes so that they won't burn.[p]Another is to mix equal parts teriyaki sauce and Italian dressing. Add a quarter to half as much brown sugar and let the wings soak in that for a spell. Again, grill them direct flipping them every five minutes or so. If you have the means, bring the leftover sauce to a boil and then dunk the wings into it periodically while they are grilling. Having the side burner on a gas grill is about the only thing I miss from my old gasser).[p]Matt.
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    .... that I like.
    Posted by KennyG on the BBQ Forum way back in July of 1998.
    I like to double the recipe for the marinade, except for the salt, add a couple glugs of Crystals Hot sauce, a few TBS of DP Cow Lick and a few shakes of red pepper flakes.
    Cook on a raised grid, direct around 250-275 dome flipping every 20 mins or so for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.. ooh la la.
    John[p][p]Hi Guys,[p]Give this one a shot:
    What is unique about this recipe is that you use the whole wing and do not have to cut them into
    "buffalo" pieces and you don't deep fry. Courtesy of the Williams-Sonoma Kitchen Library "Grilling"
    Cookbook:[p]The Marinade
    1 cup cider vinegar
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
    2 tablespoons chili powder
    1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
    1 tablespoon Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce[p]4 lbs chicken wings (about 24) Buy the biggest and best you can find[p]Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl and stir thoroughly. Place the chicken wings in a large plastic food storage bag and pour in the marinade. Press out the air and seal the bag tightly. Massage
    the bag gently to distribute the marinade. Set in a large bowl and refrigerate for several hours
    (best overnight) massaging the bag occasionally.[p]Prepare a MEDIUM fire in your grill. Position an oiled grill rack 4-6 inches above the coals or lava rocks.
    Remove the wings from the marinade, shake off the excess and arrange on grill rack. Grill, turning
    frequently and brushing with the reserved marinade. About 25 to 30 minutes should do it until the skin
    starts to char.[p]Don't let the marinade ingredients fool you. These finished wings will be superb but only mildly hot.
    You may want to have a couple of bottles of hot sauce available when you serve them.[p]Enjoy and let me know what you think[p]K~G

• katman
    katman Posts: 331
    Options
    smokin' Bob,
    Lawn Ranger has one of the best I've ever tasted. The balsamic in the marinade/glaze gives you a little crunch without any breading.

• Yo John, I will vouch for that marinade recipe as it has won me a couple ribbons in the hot wing recipe category at the Blue Springs, MO contests. I use my own finish sauce during the last 20-30 minutes of cooking.[p]Ommegangs,[p]Juggy
  • Greendriver
    Greendriver Posts: 128
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]These are so good it is hard to believe. I followed the recipe right down the line except I sprinkled a good measure of crushed red pepper both in the milk / egg and the flour mixture. I like mine with the hot sauce on the side. [p]Chet[p]
    102_0236.jpg[p]102_0237.jpg[p]102_0238.jpg