Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wustof\'s customer service OT

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well today I boxed up 15 of my 22 piece set of knifes to go back to Wustof :( the other night Neil was slicing cheese and the handle crumbled in his hand when he bore down. after looking at it we saw stress cracks at the rivets on the other side of it as well. So we started pulling out knifes and 14 of the 22 have them. I contacted the company and was told at first I could return them and replace with the same knife at a 60% off retail savings. Well I can get a better price than that at our local kitchen shop on sale. :pinch: after a couple of very nice back and forths with them, pointing out that these were only 2 years old, that I had read on a number of cooking blogs and web sites that this has been noted as a recurring problem, And that this a substantial investment to us at the time we bought them, heck it would be now or in the future, the nice lady said to return all of the damaged ones. and that they were under warranty.
IMAG0293-2.jpg
so here they are wrapped and ready to be wrapped again and then boxed to head to CT.
As a side note I would never have gotten the full set like that as I have about 6 of them that are used all the time. but even if I do not use them much I want them safe to use. also the knife I use the most only had one tiny hairline crack, when the one I hardly use had them bad on both sides. so no rhyme nor reason to the cracking. And they have always been hand washed and dried.
so check your knifes and make sure they are OK this could have been scary as he was using the boning knife and had his palm of his other hand over the top of it bearing down :blink: I know very bad knife skills there :pinch:

Comments