Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Virtues of the Mini

Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just need to say how wonderful the Mini egg is.

I have three eggs, a large, a medium and the mini.

The large and the mini see about 95% of the use (sorry medium, those are the facts :( ).

Last night I did some NY Strips (with Blue Cheese). The mini was as fast to get to temp as a gasser and the flavor was FAR SUPERIOR.

If anyone is on the fence about getting one, go now!

I would not recomment it as your only grill, but it is a great companion to the others!

Comments

• Brew'nQue
    Brew'nQue Posts: 44
    I've only had my large for ~ a month or so. At the time that I got it and started reading/posting here, I was surprised at how many people had multiple eggs. Couldn't understand why folks would spend that much money on multiple grills.

Well, one month in and I'm already wanting another one. :) The mini would be great to have as a 2nd.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    We love love love our mini! it goes camping it goes to friends houses it is ready in minutes and is surprising what you can fit on there. if we are just doing steaks or burgers that is the hot egg that night :)
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    ha ha they are kind of like potato chips ;)
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    I have to agree. I use my mini more than any of my other eggs. Its coming with us this weekend to Hiawassee and always comes with us when we camp and its just the 2 of us. I bring the small too when there is a group of us camping. I did this whole meal Saturday night on the mini. Cooked the corn and zucchini and then wrapped in foil to keep warm and then pan seared the mahi mahi about 30 second each side and then threw in a chunk of apple wood to finish the fish off. Toasted the buns and was ready to eat. Covered in chipotle ranch dressing.

photo-2.jpg
  • BGElovr
    BGElovr Posts: 83
    I have two mini's and a small. I'm thinking of selling my older mini and buying up, to a medium or large. Gotta love the mini as it is so versatile.