Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Elk Cowlick Chili

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Overcast and in the 50's here. Rain and more snow coming. Thought this would be a good day to do this terrific chili. This should get me through the summer cravings. ;)
Minnesoooota elk

CowlickChili003.jpg

Peppers, onions, and garlic.

CowlickChili004.jpg

Seasonings.

CowlickChili007.jpg

Getting jiggy.

CowlickChili008.jpg

The last few batches I did not have cocoa in the house. I did have an organic dark chocolate bar, so I used half of that. This time I bought cocoa. I really noticed the difference. From now on, I will use a dark chocolate.

In the bowl.

CowlickChili010.jpg

Thanks Egret!!
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    Mmmm, mmm, that looks so good. Only had elk once, and waiting for the next time. Nice cook.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Looks great as usual Molly! Only had elk once, that was a couple of years ago in Crested Butte, loved it :P :cheer:
  • Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Looks good, Molly. Glad to see those beans in there! ;)

Mike
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Ed, Get your travling rig together and come on down. Got a bunch in the freezers. ;)
    Thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Frank, There could be no better place to have elk than Crested Butte!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    We share that love of them.
    Thanks Mike.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    Just might take you up on that if my numbers come in. :)
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    It is cool and overcast here today too.You just "flung a cravin on me"! :woohoo: :) Your chilli looks yummee.
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Options
    Looks delicious Molly! I think I've said this before :) :huh: but I love that plate and soup cup...very pretty :)
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Raining now with snow tonight. This batch should help my summer cravings. ;)
    How does your garden grow?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Thanks Julia! That set had been passed down from my Dad's Mom. Some of them have Italy marks/sigs. Others don't. I love them too. Flower power! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    That looks very good Molly!! Several of our firemen go out your way after elk every year, Elk chili is my favorite part of their trip!!
  • Hoss
    Options
    It WAS lookin pretty good until the HAIL storm hit it yesterday. :angry: :( The nursery called today and said they had 1000 watermelon plants and 300 cantaloupe plants ready for me to pick up for transplanting on Monday.The spot I was planning on growing them was under 3 feet of water last week. :S It will be at least 10 days or 2 weeks before I can even start prepping the ground.Looks like some EXPENSIVE compost will be made out of the plants. :blink:
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    That looks great! I never tried it with Elk! There aren't too many Elk around these parts. Also, I'm going to try the chocolate next time.......thanks for the tip! We're going to meet one of these days, child! It's inevitable!! :laugh:
  • rsmdale
    rsmdale Posts: 2,472
    Options
    Looks very tasty Molly, the flavors look great!,

Good Eats and Good Friends

Dale
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Lookin good Doll!

They send you elk but no pheasant?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    Options
    That sounds like a hassle. The weather is crazy and f**k'n with it all.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Hoss
    Options
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Looks wonderful Molly, love the color. Wacky weather, it is cool, cloudy & windy here, should be in the 90's in May.