Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fire Bricks

Options
Gordy
Gordy Posts: 49
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am close to finishing a spec/model home at a subdivision north of Atlanta in a subdivions called Traditions of Braelton. Put in an outdoor living room (patio with a outdoor fireplace). Obviously used fire bricks for the masonry construction. The good news, I have 40-50 left over fire bricks that obviously will be helpful for the low and slows, most notably Brant's Boston Butt (does it work for turkey, pizza - duh, too??).[p]I've been using the bricks to raise the second grid or V rack. Is this the best technigue[p]Thinking about asking BGE for an Egg for the model home - used would be fine, cooking turkeys's, etc. for energy on the busy weekend for future clients. [p]Will post a picture of the fireplace on the website when it's done. www.havenwoodhomes.com - hopefully with a Humpty in the photo.[p]Have a good one,
Gordy

[ul][li]http://www.havenwoodhomes.com[/ul]