Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tri tip and ranch style beans

FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
edited 10:47AM in EggHead Forum
Pulled 1/2 of a tri tip out of the freezer yesterday and decided to smoke some ranch style beans. Had dried pintos so did a quick soak on those, then into the bean pot with onion & garlic.

IMAG0408.jpg

Added a can of Hatch chile tomatoes (similar to Rotel)and chicken broth and on to the egg at about 300 with some Jack Daniels chips.
IMAG0409.jpg

Seasoned up the tri tip a'la Morro Bay Rich.
IMAG0410.jpg

Still love this handle!
IMAG0411.jpg

The beans getting happy.
IMAG0413.jpg

Tri tip on a screaming hot egg. After searing it a couple of minutes a side, took it off and brought the temp back down for the final roasting.
IMAG0412.jpg

Sliced up.
IMAG0414.jpg

And plated with a salad of avocado, red onion, tomato and leftover corn. This was a fantastic meal, such great flavors.
IMAG0415.jpg

Comments

• thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Love those tri tips!
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Ross in VenturaRoss in Ventura Posts: 7,199
    Teresa thats a real ca. meal looks great you can't beat hatch chilies in the beans

Ross
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Teresa , it doesn't get any better than that. That's one cut we don't get here normally
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Teresa, I still love your handle too. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Another really fine meal you have created!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Thanks Ross, it was tasty and reminded me of my childhood in Ventura. My dad used to grill up tri tips often.
    That's too bad Beli, tri tip is a staple for us. They go on sale here often, so I almost always have one in the freezer.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Tri tip looks just right. Got to love pinto beans. :P
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Fluffy,

Are you going to be at the EGGFEST on May 21 ?

If so, we will see you there.

Gary
    It's just so pretty, had to share another picture of it.
    Unfortunately not this year. The Fiance's daughter is getting married that day.
  • EGGARYEGGARY Posts: 1,222
    Where are your priorities ???? LOL

Congrats to the new bride and to her father and you.

Enjoy.

Gary
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 2,077
    Help! Help!
    Is there a recipe out there for beans that look like that?
    That would be much appreciated.

:woohoo:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    Really no recipe, just winged it. Soaked the pintos, added them to some garlic & onion that had been sauteeing in evoo. Added a can of the tomatoes and peppers and some cumin, salt and chicken stock. Smoked with the lid off the pot for a couple of hours with Jack Daniels chips. These beans are addicting!
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Great pics - and a lovely handle! :)