Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

technical egg question

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have the egg a couple of weeks. Cookin tonite one of my buddies who had a bit too much wine lifted the lid a little too strongly and cover hit the dirt. No damage done, however after reinserting lid I notice that the alignment between top of egg and bottom allows some daylight. Is this the normal set up or is something bent? Any advise?

Comments

• RLA
    RLA Posts: 89
    Options
    gary friedman,
    It should be a tight fit all the way around the dome and the bottom of the egg. "no daylight"!. Check the metal bands that fasten the dome to the egg and see if they are bent. If so...try to adjust, or you may have to invest in a new pair of bands.
    Bob

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    RLA, good suggestions. I might add that one should post a sign.."Operation only by liciensed authorized trained, and otherwise supervised individuals" "da boss". Drunks (including da boss) beware!! Or stronger words if necessary. Kidding of course, but there should only be one or two operators of the unit that are familiar and know the operation by heart. No strangers! Nobody touches my two BGE's since my sweet, dear, wonderful, sensitive, sister in law (all the above are substitutions) laid the muscle to mine and consequently bent my brand new locking bands beyond repair..!! Once bent, there is little you can do to get a perfect fit again.
    Been there, done that!
    Cheers...C~W[p]