Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Store Manager Thanked Me

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,030
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Swung by the local hardware store and checked out the BGE's. I noticed a gentelman looking at the large egg. A few seconds later a young teen employee went up and made the BGE sales pitch. "Well you put on this top on when you smoke food". (It was the damper top) "All the Big Green Eggs are hand made" and "You use charcoal" Kid was trying his damndest and really implying that it was a great grill. Just a little off on his sales pitch. Once he went and helped another customer I jumped in and tried to help him answer any questions. I explained the whole spectrum of egging possibilities. The manager came up and thanked me after chatting with him. Felt kind of like a dork. Just had to teach him the ropes of the egg. Made it pretty black and white for him. I told him everything other than the eggs they supplied were garbage. The teen employee did know a little about grills. I was glancing at a $1400 gasser and was wondering who in the hell would buy it. Teen Employee: "Do you need any help with the grill". Oh crap, I'm thinking. Now for the next two minutes I'm going to hear a spiel on a stupid gasser. ME: "No thanks I have a couple eggs" Teen Employee: You really don't like that grill!" Had to smile a little when hearing his response.
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• frankie482
    frankie482 Posts: 263
    Options
    The Eggs they supplied were garbage?
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    nope

"I told him everything other than the eggs they supplied were garbage."
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    That's just good clean fun. ;) I've only met a couple egg dealers that can talk the talk. :ohmy:
  • PineTree
    PineTree Posts: 53
    Options
    "I told him everything other than the eggs they supplied were garbage."

As in the grills, or accessories??

As far as the grills go:
    I am learning as I go, selling the BGE, researching ALOT. I think it really takes someone who loves to cook, loves to grill and is using an egg to really be able to sell it wisely.

Not that we have used it much yet, just got em in last week, but you all are teaching me alot.

As far as the accessories go:
    I have seen alot of you use "other than BGE" accessories- and have wondered, what to stock and what to not...

As far as the teen goes:
    A teen working in a hardware, is not my choice to ask about even bolts...

Kudos on the sales pitch also. I agree fully- there is nothing like the egg. And I loved my gasser (Grand Hall Globe) just about as much as I love this egg. The next one I buy will be an Egg, in the meantime, I get to cook at work- How cool is that...
    Trisha