Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: first salmon of the season!

Options
WWSis
WWSis Posts: 1,448
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Dave went fishing today in Lake Champlain with his buddy; it was brutally cold (water 36 degrees) :huh: and windy but they braved the elements. :silly: :ohmy: He caught this 19" salmon and unfortunately gave it away! :( hopefully more to come!
57143b8b.jpg

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Julia, you need to have a serious talk with Dave. Giving away salmon?! :angry:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Julia,

That would have been so good!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• WWSis
    Options
    Michael, my thoughts exactly! :whistle::angry:
  • WWSis
    Options
    Steven, WOULD have! :(
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Dump Dave Julia. :woohoo: :laugh:
    Who is cooking tonight?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • WWSis
    Options
    Hey Molly; LOL!
    I am cookin tonight; made a modification of Julie's tomato thing she posted last week.... Browned up some cube steak, made the tomato thing as directed but for the feta. Put the tomato mixture on top of the meat, covered with couscous and baked for bout an hour. Plated and then sprinkled with feta - turned out great! Waaayy too windy for eggin.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Sounds great!!
    The wind has been crazy for a month here. 50mph and up
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Julia,

If he didn't give it to an egghead it probably wasn't that great ;) Hope that is some consolation.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Julia,

That's a small shaker. :laugh:
  • Ripnem
    Options
    Think about a trip to northern Lake Michigan B) near the tip of Door County.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Julia: W...wh...wha...WHAT??? :huh: Sorry for your loss. :ohmy: Just curious...what is the slot size for those fish?
  • WWSis
    Options
    Adam, sorry, landlocked not Atlantic, right? Never heard of shaker...
  • Ripnem
    Options
    Julia,

Sorry. Just being a smartazz :blush: they are fish you don't want in the boat counting against your limit. :P
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Julia, Dave should see more recipes that would have been delicious.. :laugh: sure he had a good motive to give it away
  • Grillin & Chillin
    Options
    Nice speckeled! Tasty eating fish!
    BGE'er since 1996 Large BGE 1996, Small BGE 1996, Mini BGE 1997
  • WWSis
    Options
    Beli, he did :) One of the two guys Dave was with really wanted to have a fish to give his grandpa ;) ...he got one.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Then, all is forgiven. Good man yourself, Dave!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    DSC01611a.jpg

That's the perfect size and the cold water will mean firm meat. I've been open water fishing 4 or 5 times since ice off earlier this month. Any trout I don't cure and smoke, I can.

4-11-11003a.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Dave will be rewarded for that gesture tenfold!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Julia, since when is fish OT? I thought this was a food forum for eggheads. ;)

Nice fish. Too generous of a husband, lol.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options