Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

XL Draft Door Help

danv23danv23 Posts: 625
edited 5:10PM in EggHead Forum
Hi all,

Just replaced the draft door on my XL and was needing to know what kind of caulk was used to seal it so I can replace it. Not real knowledgeable in this area so looking for some help.

Thanks!!

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA - XL, L, Small

Comments

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Hi temp silicone is what they use originally..
  • danv23danv23 Posts: 625
    Thanks Wess!

The Dude: Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Walter Sobchak: [shouting] Has the whole world gone crazy? Am I the only one around here who gives a **** about the rules? Mark it zero!

Cumming, GA - XL, L, Small
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    you can buy the silicone at walmart or an auto store..it's made by "permatex" and comes in different temp ranges..... gold is best.. the red will hold up just fine..... that's what i have had on gasket for the least 7 years..... thanks! ray
  • If I remember correctly, I think the stock silicone isn't high temp at all, or so that is what I was told a while back when I asked BGE. So I think a clear sealing silicone is all that is needed.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• RRPRRP Posts: 18,961
    I agree and that's all I've used in my two retros and both are holding up well for 7 years now.
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL